coralife Protein Skimmer

al mc

Decent low cost skimmers. They are versitile in that you can use them as 'hang on the back' or 'in the sump'. there are many better skimmers but all cost more. Many people feel that if have extra money to put into any one piece of equipment that you should put it into the best skimmer you can afford. Also, I would suggest getting a skimmer that is rated for a tank 1.5 to 2x their rating.

i have a middle coral life and am pleased with the way it works. i hooked up an air pump to it also tough and it pulls out some of the most disgusting stuff. two days ago i just hooked up a euro reef 80 that i had and waiting to see which pulls more, the coral life is on a 135 and the 80 is on a 90.
hope that helps.
-chad

earlybird

The SS is a good skimmer but I don't recommend it to be used as a hang on. It's a better in sump skimmer and does need to be played with to get the best results. I don't know if I'd buy one again since they raised the price on them.

chilwil84

just put a 65 on my 40 fuge and so far i like it(paid 90 bucks for it, search around there prices vary alot). makes me with a didnt use a reef devil on my 75 and just got the 125 or larger one for it