Coralife skimmer Micro Bubbles

While doing water change an hour ago I decided to clean off my Coralife super skimmer 65. I took it to the bath tub and cleaned off all the salt creep and drained all the water out of it. When I plugged it back in the bubbles went nuts and now the whole bubble tube if full of bubbles and its all going into the tank. Its never been like this, not even when I first got it almost a year ago. What should I do?

98lude

i have a CSS65 also. i find it will make the bubbles for a while until it sort of breaks in again. i noticed it also does the bubbles when i turn it back on after feedings. i took out the stuff in the bottom of the original bubble diffuser and replaced it with a normal sponge from the LFS and i find it works amazingly.

manycolors

I have a thread posted with what sounds to be the same problem, accept i just perchased mine today, it seams like there are simply just to much water and bubbles coming out of the skimmer and they are overflowing the box and running into my water

manycolors

Originally Posted by 98lude
i have a CSS65 also. i find it will make the bubbles for a while until it sort of breaks in again. i noticed it also does the bubbles when i turn it back on after feedings. i took out the stuff in the bottom of the original bubble diffuser and replaced it with a normal sponge from the LFS and i find it works amazingly.
What kind of sponge was it you replaced the old stuff with (the white foam in there)

98lude

i dont think it was anything special. i think its ment more for cleaning. it has 2 layers. one green and one blue. the green is about 1/4" and the blue is a denser 1/8" layer which i placed above.
i dont know if your diffuser is the same as mine but in mine the holes in the bottom wrap around the side and come up the side about 1/2" so i bent the sponge to fit accordingly. the Black sponge that came with the skimmer is used to hold that in place and works really well as a combo for me.
its more trial and error cause i went through 5-6 combinations before i found one that worked well. its not that bad because atleast sponges are cheap.