coralife super skimmer 125 bubbles in return

ibew41

was given this skimmer and put it on my 36g tank ,but it blows large amounts of bubbles out.I have no book on it is there a way to keep it doing this?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBEW41 http:///forum/thread/384009/coralife-super-skimmer-125-bubbles-in-return#post_3362484
was given this skimmer and put it on my 36g tank ,but it blows large amounts of bubbles out.I have no book on it is there a way to keep it doing this?
I gave away my Coralife skimmer for that reason.

• I extended the hose from the power pump to the skimmer and it made the power of the pump less and cured the bubbles. It also weakens the skimming ability…less bubbles less skim.

• My Coralife was either in sump or HOB..so if you have room put it in a sump. Mine was 25 inches tall and wouldn’t fit under my stand.
    Al&Burke made an awesome HOB refugium and a PVC pipe for the Coralife so the bubbles were taken care of in a bubble trap. He has pictures and he might make you one, I don’t know what he would charge for materials and labor, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

ibew41

ya I would not have bought this I might sell this on cl and buy a pump for my octopus skimmer