Coralife Super Skimmer Problem

xpdition03

Hello,
Does anyone have a Coralife Super Skimmer?
I had mine for about 4 months and it's been working fine but since last week, the water fills the collection cup really quickly no matter how low I turn down the micro bubbles.
Any ideas?

tim_12

The valve for the pump should always be wide open to allow for the most bubbles. The water level in your sump may be too high, making it easy for the pump to get more water into the skimmer. Make an acrylic stand to raise the skimmer up about 1" higher than it is, then just adjust the red valve until you get it working properly (or just lower the water level if you can). If the water still fills up the cup, make the stand for the skimmer a bit taller. The water level in my sump comes up about 7" on my skimmer and it's working wonderfully. Let me know how it goes.

chipmaker

Check your air tube to the venturi to make sure its not loose or leaking in water along with the air before the venturi itelf......and also make sure its not clogged. I would not think raising it 1" higher now will make it work if it worked fine for 4 months where its at previously. Its got to be something that is either loose and sucking in water instead of air, or something thats blocked. Clean the impeller on the powerhead, and make sure air line is open and ooutflow tube is unobstructed and sloightly above water level of tank. Adjusting the Red adjustemnt knob should lower the level of the bubbles produced and also keep out more of a wet skim out of the collection cup.

xpdition03

Thanks for the info. I figured out what the problem was.
The Bubble production diffuser was clogged up and the water from the output tubbing wasn't flowing really well. I cleaned it out and the skimmer started to work properly again.