Coraline on Glass

nacl-man

What is the best method to remove coraline (i'm assuming thats what the pink spots are that are all over my tank) from the glass?
I did a search and found out that people use an old credit card... that didn't seem to do the trick (but maybe i wasn't pressing hard enough)... my Magfloat won't even touch the stuff.
Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

tlk

Originally posted by Richard Rendos
razor blade...works every time

I agree, just be EXTREMELY careful that you don't scratch the walls. If you do, you will find that green algea loves to live there and its nearly impossible to keep clean looking.

fshhub

Originally posted by Richard Rendos
razor blade...works every time

ditto(for glass, i would be extremely careul with acrylic)
just be sure to use a new clean one every time, since they will rust
I only clean the front glass, i like it all over the back, it adds color, adn hides plumbing and wiring. not to mention that it also helps in nutrient export.

craig_08

Since you guys have such an abundance of it, next time you clean the glass you can send me a few scrapings. I will pay the shipping if it is not too expensive.

nacl-man

Thanks for all the replies!
I'm gonna try the credit card thing again tomorrow as I am a little hesitant to go to town with a razor blade on my glass.
I don't have enough for it to be a problem. However it seems to be multiplying every day.... :rolleyes:
Thanks again!
Cheers :)

nacl-man

Originally posted by col
Is it definitley corraline and not red slime?

errr... i'm pretty sure it is coraline. red slime is usually on the dark side (color-wise) right? Cyano also shouldn't adhere to the glass like superglue either... or do I have that wrong?
edit: Bang Guy = LOL :cool: