coraline

ssweet1

Buy a piece of corraline covered rock and make sure the ph/alk is perfect and good lighting and it should spread. Also dosing with Kalwasser helps. Carrie

bigarn

You can also scrub a coralline covered rock with a hard bristled toothbrush to release and spread the spores throughout the tank. Do this in a high flow area of the tank. :D

blazehok68

is there a particular method to dosing the kalk??
i have 45 lbs of lr in the tank already, ph is about 8.2, ammonia 0ppm, trite 0ppm, trates 0ppm. i have 220 watts pc lighting. 10000k daylight and i think 7500k actinic blue

fearlessjim

get a rock thats pretty well covered in coraline, and scape it with the tooth brush like Sweet said. I didnt have any in my tank for like 6-8 months, then did this...now i have coraline EVERYWHERE; on the rocks, the glass, everywhere...I have to clean the glass every week or so, so the coraline doesnt build up.
All the conditions of my tank were the same before and after i scrape the algea covered rock....

bigarn

Originally posted by fearlessjim
get a rock thats pretty well covered in coraline, and scape it with the tooth brush like Sweet said. I didnt have any in my tank for like 6-8 months, then did this...now i have coraline EVERYWHERE; on the rocks, the glass, everywhere...I have to clean the glass every week or so, so the coraline doesnt build up.
All the conditions of my tank were the same before and after i scrape the algea covered rock....

Sweet?..............................:thinking: Why thank you.
:D:notsure:

matti070

coraline is pink algae, but doesnt get 3-D. If its on the glass, it just grows along the glass, unlike hair or slime algae. to spread the coraline you just have to get a razor scraper and scrape some or all of it off.

andrewt

can anyone show me a picture of a scraped coraline? i tried to brush it off with a toothbrush from a Lr to another Lr but wont work

matti070

Originally posted by Nas19320
Coraline is not only pink but purple, red, green also.

not green.:nope: at least I've never seen it green.

matti070

if you scrape coraline, its no longer visible (natrully). are you looking for the product of scraped algae or partially scraped?

andrewt

some of my lr, i got from my aunts doesnt have any coraline or anything, just plain rock. im wondering how can i make the algea or bacteria grow on them

andrewt

nice pix. So i can just scrape algea off and put them on LR that doesnt have anything yet? and they will grow?

bigarn

Just scrape it or brush it off....it will spread. When you brush it off of rock it may not look like you're getting much off, but you're releaseing the spores all over.
Coralline does come in green and brown also.
:D