coraline

chub

I have a 55g FOWLR with lots of coraline on the LR, but you cant see it,there is some type of algae on it, brushing takes it off but in a few days it comes back. I do 10% WC every 2 weeks the water test has been the same for a long time. Theres only 2 fish in it now and I have added snails in the past but I seldom see them on the rock. Should I take the LR out and scrub it? more snails? Any assistance would be helpful. Thanks

reefkprz

way to go descriptive.
if it fuzzy? slimy? hairy? bubbley? no real form just a brown haze? come on you have to give us some thing we can work with.

florida joe

reefkeeprz is always full of sarcasm.
yes but still not in my league. i guess he did not want to use his ESP on this thread

srfisher17

florida joe;3230104 said:
yes but still not in my league. i guess he did not want to use his ESP on this thread[/QUOTE
Joe, others are amateurs; you're in PROFESSIONAL league of sarcasm. You just can't compare , say the FSU Seminoles, to the Green Bay Packers.
On the subject---sure sounds diatom-ish.

pezenfuego

It could be a lot of different things. Try being more descriptive please. Make sure you add how old the tank is. My guess would be either diatoms or cyanobacteria. I'm rooting for diatoms. Pictures would be a great help as well.
Come on Joe. Sarcasm? Really? That's original.

bang guy

{Bang Guy registers Joe's sarcasm as a lethal weapon}
Joe, since you're now classified as a professional you are only allowed to use sarcasm in defense. No more offensive sarcasm. {dual meaning purposely prosed}
Sarchasm is still allowed to be offensive. PM for the definition of Sarchasm if needed.

florida joe

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/3230840
{Bang Guy registers Joe's sarcasm as a lethal weapon}
Joe, since you're now classified as a professional you are only allowed to use sarcasm in defense. No more offensive sarcasm. {dual meaning purposely prosed}
Sarchasm is still allowed to be offensive. PM for the definition of Sarchasm if needed.
Bang rules duly noted and will be adhered to

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/3230818
now that is original

While that is a very obvious statement for you, it may not be for him. Diatom is a VERY broad type of algae. There are millions of different species. The treatment for all of them is the same. I would argue that knowing the type of algae/bacteria really isn't that important. Making sure your tank is healthy via regular water changes, maintenance, husbandry, filtration, and source water; you can treat any algae/bacteria woes.
Also, did you understand my joke? You seemed offended by it.

florida joe

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/3230965
While that is a very obvious statement for you, it may not be for him. Diatom is a VERY broad type of algae. There are millions of different species. The treatment for all of them is the same. I would argue that knowing the type of algae/bacteria really isn't that important. Making sure your tank is healthy via regular water changes, maintenance, husbandry, filtration, and source water; you can treat any algae/bacteria woes.
Also, did you understand my joke? You seemed offended by it.
understood and no offense taken my young friend