Corals not good

jwagne267

So I am giving up opn getting any corals that require good lighting till I can actually get the lights I want. So what are some good corals that I can get with my wondeful 13 watt 50/50 PC lights on my 12 gallon tank? I am giving up bc I got a 20 dollar piece of xenia just so I could see if I copuld get that to work and it didnt. So, can I get sun corals? Thats the only thing I have really seen so far that isn't too hard. I'm not going to get gorgonian. From what I have read they are way too hard.

michaeltx

well if its stock lighitng its just normal florescent lighting and not really that good for anything.
the sun corals will be fine but you have to feed them since they do not use anylight at all.
exenia is tricky though even under good lighting sometimes it doesnt do very well at all.
there are a few things like mushrooms and a few different polyps that will do alright but instead of looking at corals I would get the light upgrade then go for corals. less headache that way.
plus you can get what you want instead of what might llive under the current lighting.
Mike