cork a berlin?

ekclark

I have a new berlin protein skimmer and I have a quick question: With the two return holes, can I block one up? I was going to have the return hook up to a hose and go into my fuge, but the second hole allows the water to splash down and cause a lot of noise...has anyone corked one of these holes and with what? Thanks.
P.S.--equipment forum is nearly empty and takes days--I was hoping for an answer sooner than that, so please no speaches.
:)

cprdnick

How about instead of corking it, find a way to plumb some tubing or pvc pipe to it and use that one to run to the fuge, or atleast down to the water line. I'm not familiar with the berlin skimmers, so this is just one of those shot in the dark answers.

ekclark

Yeah--I have some tubing to run to my refuge, but it of course now seems to prefer the other return hole. It is as flat as I can get it, short of trying to build a shelf or something in my rubbermaid-something that I have no interest in trying right now. Someone else must have experience with this--how do you plumb yours?