CPR Aquafuge 2 Small w/Protein Skimmer

fcatch76

Just thought I would let people know that this unit will work for the Biocube 29. Will post pics later of the completed project. Used a dremel for the cutting of the hood to allow the brackets and piping to fit securely. Looks nice hanging on the back and the fit is almost perfect. The wife wasn't fond of it at first until the light was turned on.
Rinsed the protein skimmer in hot water as stated in instructions, 1/8 inch acquired on cup and this morning had a nice amount of skimmate at the bottom of the cup already!!
Very pleased with the purchase, highly recommended for the DIY guys here.

aquaguy24

good to hear...i have the cpr aquafuge large without the protein skimmer on my 90g..i can't even see it with my light fixture in the way..i find that the pump is a little underpowered..but that can be easily upgraded...other then that im happy wit it..i have great pod production..should be ready for a scooter blenny or mandarin pretty soon..

mr_x

the tank looks good! doesn't that shaving brush plant pull alot of calcium out of the water? what have you had longer, the clams or the shaving brush?

fcatch76

the clams are about two months old, and the brushes came first. So far I haven't seen an issue with my calcium levels. With my weekly water changes and use of Oceanic salt, calcium stays around 460 -480. I was addiing Kent Cal. weekly but realized I wasn't following the API Cal. test as instructed..and my levels were actually 500-520....
I know the clams under PC lighting is a touchy subject here but the tank has the nanotuner 4.36 upgrade and the clams seem to be holding their color and open nicely. We will see how it goes.