cpr aquafuge

oozy

i want to know this also, i have a small tank and belive it would be greatly benifited by this.
anyone tried it?
-Oozy-

fat_ed

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Friday -- pretty excited. Tangs, if I may, a couple questions:
1) Did you set it up with a plenum? DSB?
2) After adding the flora and/or fauna, did you let it sit for several days before connecting the flow to the main tank?
3) How do you run your lighting -- reverse, semi-reverse, 24-hour, or consistent with the main tank?
Thanks.

Originally posted by Fat_Ed:
<STRONG>
1) Did you set it up with a plenum? DSB?
</STRONG>
I went with a DSB. The unit is pretty small, so a plenum seemed overkill. Also, my suspicion is that this refugium's primary benefit is as a critter-feeder for my main tank. Having said that, I think that the nutrient-elimination in this system is performed by the Macro and not the DSB.
<STRONG>2) After adding the flora and/or fauna, did you let it sit for several days before connecting the flow to the main tank?
</STRONG>
I was impatient and hooked the thing up immediately. I used sand, rocks and Macro that I poached from a few of my tanks. Again, I'm impatient... ;)
<STRONG>
3) How do you run your lighting -- reverse, semi-reverse, 24-hour, or consistent with the main tank?
</STRONG>
I'm currently running it 24hrs, but will switch to a reverse cycle this weekend... some weekend??? Traveling quite a bit for work.

fat_ed

A lot, and not so much, respectively. You can find them on-line for prices ranging from $90-130 depending on the size. They come in three sizes: 12" (2.5 g), 18" (3.75 g), and 24" (5 g).