CPR BAKPAK skimmer

radcast2

Hey all I was wondering if anyone knew what pump/powerhead comes with the reef ready CPR Bak-Pak skimmer. I was hoping it came with a maxijet1200 or 900. I plan to use it on a 20g FOWLR tank. thanks for the help.

flatzboy

It comes with a piece of

[hr]
rio. You can upgrade to the maxi-jet though for a little extra. I would definately upgrade to the maxi jet beacause you'll end up doing it anyway when the rio craps out on you (probably won't take long either).:D

adhoc

Do you know which model MJ? I have the Rio on mine, another Rio I had for circulation just crapped out on me. Luckily didn't blow in my tank, but I think I caught it just before, sounded terrible. So I'm hesitant to wait for the Rio on my skimmer to go too.
Thanks

flatzboy

Originally posted by radcast2
Thanks FLATZBOY...I will make sure i get a mj1200

Adhoc its this maijet above in the quote.

marvida

The only downside to switching is that the MJ won't work with the top skimmer accessory. I've run mine with the original Rio for a couple of years without serious problems.

rbmount

Originally posted by MarVida
The only downside to switching is that the MJ won't work with the top skimmer accessory. I've run mine with the original Rio for a couple of years without serious problems.

Same here, mine is quiet and pulls a load of gunk out of the tank.

flatzboy

I have the preskimmer and bubble box and took them both off because it looks ugly in the tank and I couldn't have a maxi jet with it. My doesn't make put any bubbles in the tank without the bubble box.:D