CPR CS100 Overflow

ciachef

Is anyone using this overflow? I just purchased one with the aqualifter pump and wanted to know if anyone was having problems with the overflow or if everything is working out good for them. Thanks.

xtremenemo

ive just bought one that is similar to the lifereef. I have done a lot of research on them and I have heard that they are good only until your pump shuts off and then you are screwed. but if you have a lifereef then you dont have any electrical parts and it never fails and even starts and stops based on the amount of water flow. I would take it back and get one because i just picked one up for 100 bucs and it is the biggest model. HTH

robn70

I've had a CS90 on my 38 gal for a little over 2 years now. Never had a problem with it loosing syphon. The aqua lifter pumps are something new so i haven't seen one yet. I may try one in the near future to replace the old rio pump that i am currently running.

R

randy 12

I have a new one. It's working great. What kind of problems are you having?

ciachef

No problems for me yet randy, I was just wondering if anyone had any problems with the unit in general.

robchuck

I've had a CS 100 going for just shy of a year now, and have yet to have any major problems (knock on wood). The syphon is running with a small Rio.
The only complaint I have is that the skimmer box doesn't have any teeth, and I've had problems with small fish getting sucked into the overflow, and getting sucked against the mesh when I placed that it to protect the overflow.

smember

i use egg crate on my overflow to prevent the fish from going in. the real problem was the snails, thats why the cpr models are great, even if something does get into the chamber it wont get clogged in the u-tube and cause your sump to run dry.

scarab

Hey Ciachef where did you purchase the aqualifter pump from? I am looking for a pump for my cpr overflow. Thanks

R

randy 12

I don't think we can say the name of where we get stuff. I have seen them online from other fish supply stores. e-mail me and I'll let you know where I got it from.
itsmerandy@classicnet.net