crabs eating snails

bek

I recently obtained 5 turbo snails into my 30 gallon tank. But I was upset to see them attached by every crab in the join. I have 1 emerald, 1 decorator, 1 animone, 4 bumble bees, 2 red legs and 2 blue legs.......the little snails don't stand a chance. Is there anything I should be doing????
I had no idea the crabs could be so aggressive.
Please advise

finfin2003

This has happened to me. Besides feeding them as the last person suggested I would also buy some exta shells for them. They sometimes just attact to get the snails shell that they want. When the tank has extras they dont do this as much..
welcome to survial of the fittest!!!!:rolleyes:

bek

Originally posted by Bek
I recently obtained 5 turbo snails into my 30 gallon tank. But I was upset to see them attached by every crab in the join. I have 1 emerald, 1 decorator, 1 animone, 4 bumble bees, 2 red legs and 2 blue legs.......the little snails don't stand a chance. Is there anything I should be doing????
I had no idea the crabs could be so aggressive.
Please advise

This is the first I've ever heard of shrimp pellets - does anything else eat them besides the crabs?? Also can you get photoplankton to feed.....I've read that many corals need to be fed photoplankton.
Please advise..

squidd

Crabs like those "sheets" of algae also ...
Break them up into little -1"- squares and clip them near the bottom so they can get them.
Around here you can get a "bag" of sea shells at the "Dollar" store in the crafts section.
:cool: