Cranberry this is for you

salt210

I was at my LFS today looking at the fish that they had ordered for me when I saw this in with a mantis shrimp. it is in a 5g tank right now. they called it a fireworm. it is at least 6in long and about .5 to .75in wide.

salt210

lived in a piece of rock, I guess. when it got to big it just started crawling around the tank. it was even hanging out around the top of the tank while I was there looking at it

salt210

when I was there the mantis that it is in the tank with decided to smack it in the head and it didnt even phase it

V

vinnyraptor

Originally Posted by salt210
http:///forum/post/3102161
I was at my LFS today looking at the fish that they had ordered for me when I saw this in with a mantis shrimp. it is in a 5g tank right now. they called it a fireworm. it is at least 6in long and about .5 to .75in wide.

i have a few of those in my tank but not nearly that long or thick. in fact i think i have bristle and fire worms. they dont seem to bother any of my fish or corals yet but i have speared a few bigger ones with a shishkabob skewer, lol.
oh and i did get stung the first time i saw one but i think it was a bristle worm that got me and not a fire. bothered me for weeks, lol.

mantisman51

I have one in my 125g reef tank. Scruched up it's 6-7" long. When stretched out, it's at least 12". It just roots around the DSB. I have mushrooms, kenyas and zoas on the sand and it doesn't bother them at all. I found it when pulling the LR to catch my fish for QT. It creeped me out at first, but then I thought it was pretty cool.

S

shrimpy brains

All I can say is.......
.......I'd be afraid to sleep at nite!!

cranberry

Ew! That's a big one. It's probably not THEE fireworm, but one which has been called the Carribean fireworm.