CrEePeR!!!!!!

rlablan

So I found this little creeper in my rock tonight.
It doesn't look like any snail or stomatella I have ever seen.
I have also noticed that some of my favorite orange zoas are gone.
They have slowly been disappearing.

Can anyone tell what this is? I know the pics aren't great.

rlablan

OMG I don't see anything there that looks like him. but I dont wanna put him back in the tank.

swimmer4uus

Well, the middle pic makes me think that. And nudibranches come in pretty much all shapes and colors. Does he have a shell or not?

socalnano24

doesn't look like a nudibranch to me. Just looks like one of those slug looking things w/ a half shell.... very common, I guess I was thinking stomatella, but if you know what those are and its not one of those, then I have no idea.

rlablan

Aquaknight. I think you're right. I am almost positive that it's a chilton. I can't get a better pick though, so I am still afraid to our it back in my tank.

speg

I can't say that it's a chiton for sure... but I also wouldn't say that chitons are completely 'good'.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by rlablan
http:///forum/post/3258993
Aquaknight. I think you're right. I am almost positive that it's a chilton. I can't get a better pick though, so I am still afraid to our it back in my tank.
Try using a flash with the cup tilted to prevent glare. Should help the camera focus.
I am pretty positive it's a chiton too, though based on the first pic, it looks like most of the lower part was torn off, not sure it will make it anyways.

rlablan

Yeah, when I removed it from the rock with tweezers... It didn't want to come up and I think I kinda torn it a bit.
I can't use flash. The pic was taken with a cell phone as that is the only camera I have at the moment.

rlablan

A question about nudis- suppose it is a zoa eating nudi. If I remove all the zoas for a while, will they just starve and die off? Or do they eat other things?