Crushed Coral Aragonite????

dgbnyc

What do you think about Crushed Aragonite Coral?
Will it work well with LS?
1/2 crushed coral and 1/2 sand with LR sitting on top???
Thanks for your thoughts

fshhub

i agree, crushed coral aragonite, is jus ta fancy way of saying crushed coral, stillnot good for a sand bed

chadillac

i used aragonite as a base 1st and added ls over the top just to build a foundation. tank has had no problems. economical way to get a deep sand bed. i used a 2 to 1 ratio ls to arag

fshhub

there is a difference between aragonite sand and aragonite cc, big difference, i used al aragonite sand, adn some aragonite ls, in our tank,
BUT NO CC

kyle carpenter

i just got into the salt water thing and i wanted some coral but i didnt research, i have not had the salt in my aquarium for more than 2 days and all i have is crushed coral. but i didnt realize that my faveorite fish (mandrin goby) and coral need ls and i got cc, so what im asking is if i can scoop most of the crushed corall out and put in the sand would it hurt the live rock and could the coral and goby live in it with just a little bit of coral. please reply asap b4 i get my stuff.
Thanx

fshhub

kyle, maybe the goby, but if you take some caution, and try not to create too mcuh dust, then he may survive, but he lr will be fine, since you are jsut cycling, it would be best to do so now, if you inend to do so, if you have a quarentine tank, then you could put the goby in it for a couple of days, until all the dust settles and the tank completely cycles
HTH