Crustacean Deaths

dagnabit

Hi there, new to the forum and to saltwater. I'm having difficulty keeping crustacieans alive in our reef tank. Here are the details:
-36 gal, set up for two months
-pH 8.2
-temp 78-80
-calcium 450
-0 ammonia, 0 nitrate, 0 nitrite
-sg 1.024
-healthy happy inhabitants: clown, chromis, damsel, blenny, cardinal, pincusion urchin, serpent star, several "beginner" corals.
-4 gallon weekly water changes
-town water
Everything is doing well; eating, growing, active, etc. The only thing I add to the water is Reef Solutions supplement to boost iodine and trace minerals.
Problem: we've lost two banded coral shrimp on two separate occasions (both were acclimated slowly). They lasted 2-3 days, then upsidedown on the bottomsville. We've also lost three emerald crabs, although they lasted a little longer (4-6 days), and we've lost half a dozen hermit crabs (some have lasted two weeks). They all go in gang-busters, then go somewhat dormant, then die. There is no one preying on them, they just become gradually inactive and die.
I've eliminated every variable I can get information about, and the problem persists.
Any folks out there have any leads on what I should try next? I'm at a complete loss as to what to try, or what to target as possible causes. Totally new at this and I'm learning a lot pretty quickly, but clearly there is something about crustaceans that i'm overlooking.
Thanks VERY much for any assistance.

tangs123

if you dont, try running carbon in your tank for a few days to help get rid of some heavy metals or other things that may be hurting your crustaceans