Cucumber

pudd'ntang

I also got a huge!! I mean huge cucumber, I didn't know it was that large until I saw it in my tank. (45 gal) Is there a size limit in relation to tank size on these things? If so I'm going to have to take it to another pet store to trade it.

Thank You. Don't need a killer cuc.
My only experience with cucumbers is that I bought one about 2 yrs. ago (a yellow one}, and he has only grown from about 4" to rougly 7". Doesn't seem to grow at an alarming rate.

Steamboat, is you yellow cucumber active. I addeda small one, about 2 in to my tank and I see him once every 6 blue moons. My other 2 brown ones are out every other night.

von_rahvin

ok i don't want to start a sponge thing but my cucs grew rather fast. I have 5 in my tank 2 yellows and 3 blothcy brown and tan ones. they may have just been small in the store but over the last 6 months they seem to have grown like 4 inches. there was i am sorry to admit alot of food for them in the beginnig but other than they they seem to be fine.
only problem i noticed with them was that they sometimes knocked over stuff. for a big one that me be a problem, but other than that . . . .

I have the same cucumber you've got Pudd'n. Red and black. Pretty sweet if you ask me, but are you sure its 12 inches? Mine will extend itself out to a larger size, but in normally remains close to 4". It was probably just excited :p .

Just got home frome work, had to catch up on the sponge saga.
My cucumber is active, in the background. he climbs all over the LR, back and forth, up and down. Very slowly. Every now and then he comes out of the rocks, but he doesn't like the MH lighting.

lar

I had a monster as well, about 8" when he was stretched out. I havn't seen him in about 6 months, It's a 8 foot tank so lots of places to hang out. Is it unusual for them to remain unseen for so long or could he have died. I would think there would be a water problem if that happened.