Cup Coral Growth???????

rainstate6

MY CUP CORAL HAS A STRANG BOIL LOOKING GROWTH COMING OFF OF HIM LOOKS LIKE AN AIR BUBBLE ITS POLYPS ARE STILL ACTING FINE AND IT COLOR IS OK, IM TREATING MY TANK WITH MELAFIX AND PIMAFIX NOW FOR ABOUT 5 DAYS IS IT A REACTION TO THE CHEMS. SHOULD I STOP. ALL MY WATER PERAMITERS ARE PERFECT OR AS GOOD AS NORMAL I THOULD SAY. :help:

jonnywater

It would probably help to know what kind of cup coral it is. If is a pagoda, montipora or what have you, it may just be an enlarged polyp. If trying to treat it isnt working, then just do some research on the net for that problem. Do a search somewhere for "bubble on pagoda" or whatever kind of coral it is.

rainstate6

thanks for the reply not real sure on what type of cup it is looked at the coral section of swf and is not the pagoda. ill try to do a search for the cause of this thanks again

rainstate6

OK im getting very frustrated i cant find the exact type of cup that mine is its the same shape as my orange cup coral but when my actinics are on this one glows green dont think that the exact spieces of cup would matter but ive been wrong before its not and enlarged polyp because its in an area in between a few of them and cant find any thing helpfull aon the net

danbone

What are your lights and how is the water flow? You made need to change flow or up/down grade lighting. Any other corals? Maybe some chemicial warfare going on. Change water more often.