Cycle time, new fish

steve102571

I just finally purchased my my ultra aquarium (marine ready) from Tenecor and it will be delivered in about 5-6 weeks. The tank is 120"w x 48"d x 30"h. I have already purchased approx 1300lbs of DRY carribean beach sand, a HSA 1000 skimmer and pump, and approx 250lbs of DRY base rock. I use to have a 220gal FO tank approx 4yrs ago and I am a little bit rusty. This will be a FO only tank. I know it will take several months for the sand and base rock to become effective stabilizers and I also know it will take at elast 60 days or longer to cycle the tank, before I can purchase rays etc. In my 220, I cycled the tanks with the regulars, damsils, domino's etc Are there any better fish to cycle the tank with? Any proven additives that can be used? How many or how much should I purchase? About how long will a tank of this size to cycle? Finally, what type of lighting and how much should I have? Obviously, I have and will be investing a lot into this tank, so I don't want it to look dull, but yet be suitable abd pleasant for the inhabitants.
Thanks for everyone input.