D. biocellatus - FU MAN CHU

al&burke

Sorry Guys I had the wrong name it is a biocellatus, I had barberi on my mind because my LFS is getting some in next week, I want to have a trio of biocellatus (fu man chu) barberi (Hawaiian Green Fuzzy) and the brachypterus (fuzzy dwarf) I have now. The fu is eating guppies no problem, and my fuzzy is eating frozen every other day he is growing and looking great. Thanks for looking!

S

smallreef

::drools::
I had one,, before i knew it was bad to keep them with triggers :( I doomed him...

btldreef

Al, don't let him eat guppies for too long, I think that's what doomed mine. Good luck converting him.

S

saxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The72Chev http:///t/390430/d-biocellatus-fu-man-chu#post_3457578
Uh, what is it, he, she...????
D. biocellatus isn't sexually dimorphic/dichromic, so only another "fu" knows for sure. It also happens to be the WORST lion in terms of conspecific aggression.
Quote:
Al, don't let him eat guppies for too long, I think that's what doomed mine. Good luck converting him.
Al's becoming a real "lion taming fiend", TommieLynn...his fuzzy is doing really well for him. Good advice for all those considering lions tho!

al&burke

Update on the fu - he is eating frozen last night he took 6 pieces of salmon. Starting to move around a bit more. He will move in with the brachypterus into the 65 FW tank I am converting to a pred tank. ALso will move the zebra in with these guys down the road. Few more weeks of stick training for the fu before he gets moved. The fuzzy is a champ with frozen shrimp, salmon scallops etc.

Oh yah forgot Thanks Saxman And Cranberry

S

saxman

Don't sell yerself short Al...you've gone from a lionfish noob to a pretty sharp scorp keeper in record time. Trust me on that one...then again, that's why you're into the darkside in the first place!