D700 macros

maxalmon

Wow, i'm amazed.....
My god there are a lot of settings on this camera....
These are just "aim and shoot" images with no WB or compensation or any other adjustments, I can already see an drastic improvement in the resoultion and optics, this FX sensor is amazing, give me a week or so and my new images will make my older postings look like junk

Still trying to figure out the manual controls, so this is a heavily cropped image just to see details

maxalmon

Just discovered the "Live View" which lets me do macro work and use the 3" high resoultion screen to digitally zoom in on the subject and make minor adjustments to the focus thru the screen............ This is awesome, nothing worse than trying to focus on a tiny subject thru a view finder and having to somewhat guess as to if the fine details will be in focus.
Still haven't figured out EC balance and WB controls, more into just taking basic pics right now.
Going to take me a day or so to figure everything out and NO I usually don't read the manual, more fun to guess and play...
The images are so freaking huge that it's bogging down my CPU.
This is freaky, I could never get details like this before.

subielover

Good lord man
Those are astonishing, especially for something you still haven't completely figured out yet
May I ask what a camera such as this sells for?

maxalmon

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2821482
Good lord man
Those are astonishing, especially for something you still haven't completely figured out yet
May I ask what a camera such as this sells for?
I had to forfeit 2009 and 2010 x-mas gifts, birthdays gifts for the next few years will a be cheeseburger at Mickey D's and I'm not allowed to look at new cars for atleast 2 more years and I have to pick up the dog cr@p in the back yard for many, many years... Need I say more

maxalmon

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2821122
How high do the white balance settings go?
On the D700, it's a dial setting, I can select from 2500k to 10000k, still have to do my research on what this means, it makes a huge difference in image color under the halides. I did a series of bracket shots today where I did my thing of photographing the same exact coral, change settings, retake photo, change settings, retake photo etc... Got a total color shift in the color of the coral... I'll post more about this in the other thread about detailed settings

maxalmon

Discovered some amazing features today, went to the Bellagio Fountain to try and capture night photos of the fountain show and figured out the white balance/ISO....Sounds odd, but photographing the fountains at night showed me the difference in the golden/white tone of lighting and how to control it for more realistic photos...... I'm not much of a photoshop person and preferr realistic photos....

aquaguy24

sweet pics..making me want to upgrade from my canon sd 500 to a dslr..hmmm christmas is come up soon..

maxalmon

Much more complicated camera to master as far as the controls go, still having some issues that I have to work out. Everything is so dang sensitive with the FX sensor....ARGH, should have gone with a 300...