Daisy Urgent

fishman830

Stripe has HLLE and and ICH.. i need yours and evberyones help as to how to treat her.. it looks really bad..

E

eaglefan

I used kick ich to cure my tank. Worked pretty well with that cure just caused havock with the water purity.

obtusewit

Drop Ole stripe in a refugium with no bully boys along with a hungry cleaner shrimp or two. HLLE is reversible aome times with some serious effort, a load of iodine and very good vitamin preps. If the fish is in a weakened state (he is) ich will capitalize on that, cleaner shrimp will pick him clean. Iodine and vitamins can be soaked into mysis shrimp, but corral the shrimp when you feed so they stay hungry, and feed ole stripe like he is on weight watchers...good luck

obtusewit

JK, but if she's eating, soak her food in Iodine and multivitamins.. if you have cleaners they can take care of the ichy poo

daisy

Hey, Jim -- So the good ideas I would stick with for sure are keep her calm, by herself except for a happy, hungry cleaner shrimp if you can find one. I don't remember if you already have one...
I would not add any meds, as we discussed. Soak all food (though not much food) in a vitamin preparation. I don't know much about iodine, and I know adding it to the tank can be a very bad idea, but maybe if your LFS is really reliable, ask them about food soaked in iodine or ask here or on the disease forum about it.
Things to remember -- Strip is tough and has weathered a lot in her life, she's a strong fish. On the other hand, I have no idea how old she is. I had her for about three years, and she was that size when I got her, so she's probably at least six years old. I don't know when a fish becomes "old" and starts to weaken because of age.
Long story short, I hope she lives and am sure you will do everything right in caring for her, but if she does not make it, you're still a cool reef-keeper, and I won't be upset with you. I'm really, really glad you called about this. You are very responsible.
-tahl

daisy

Can you post the picture with the title HELP FAST or something equally eye-catching on this forum? I noticed that the disease forum does not get too much business...