Dallas Cowboys!

oceanists

I may be flamed by other DC fans but Im hoping Jerry Jones picks up Norv Turner. He seems like the best man for this job , he said he would be looking forward to coaching with a rising star in Jason Garrett and he loves great players and T.O. is one that he favors.
Lets see what happens

oceanists

Yeah but Cowher wont be available until the season after or he comes with a high price ... I would rather see Norv Turner for 2 years and the Jason Garrett

scubadoo

Norv Turner had some darn good talent when he coached at Washington. He has demonstrated he is a HORRIBLE head coach.
I beleive Jones is fully capable of selecting Norv Turner and your COwboys will go right in the tank.
What do you see in the head coaching record of Norv Turner that makes him a top candidate in your mind?
58 wins 82 losses and 1 tie. Best season was 1999 10-6 and the ONLY time he got a team to the playoffs in 9 years.
Would be a BIG mistake in my opinion.

oceanists

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
Norv Turner had some darn good talent when he coached at Washington. He has demonstrated he is a HORRIBLE head coach.
I beleive Jones is fully capable of selecting Norv Turner and your COwboys will go right in the tank.
What do you see in the head coaching record of Norv Turner that makes him a top candidate in your mind?
58 wins 82 losses and 1 tie. Best season was 1999 10-6 and the ONLY time he got a team to the playoffs in 9 years.
Would be a BIG mistake in my opinion.

Im still undecided, right now Im favoring Singeltary..... I reall would rather see Garrett jump right into the job but I believe that is a 1 in 99 chance

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Oceanists
Im still undecided, right now Im favoring Singeltary..... I reall would rather see Garrett jump right into the job but I believe that is a 1 in 99 chance
The problem is you have no solid football GM to support Garrett who is very inexperienced.
I would say Garrett would be worth the gamble if you had a recent successfull GM at the helm.
I know some will say look what Jones did a decade or longer ago...but he's not done much since.
I also recall many stating this is why Jones brought Parcells in...a solid guy that would know what to do...after the Switzer and Yo Yo era.
IMO...when Jones lost Johnson his obvious weakness as GM was exposed.
He was able to hold things together on the strength of the staff that remained after Johnson left....then the ship sank as these folks left and Jones needed to make solid football decisions on his own.

yomommasmom

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Cowboys Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Yey Eat That Bears

payton 350

if JJ was smart he would hire Ron Riveria as the head coach.....Norv turner already has failed as a head coach and would be a disaster for the Cowboys