Dalmation puffer

cranium

I was recently in san diego for the charger game and i stopped by a cool fish store that had four of these dalmation puffers. it was probably the coolest fish i have ever seen. Does anyone know anythng about them or have one cause i am interested in buying one.

cranium

I think it was called the aquatic warehouse. I was just in san dieg for the game and i stopped by there and they had these dalmation puffers. It looks just like a dalmation dog but is a puffer. Its body style is just like a dogface but they had dalmation patterns. I know for sure they weren't dogface puffers. they were selling them for 100$ this was the first time i have ever seen this fish and they had like three of them. I am really interested in them and was wondering if anyone has any expierence with them. i wish i had a picture to show everyone. They are the coolest fish that i think i have ever seen!!!!!

grouperhead

Dalmations are just a dogface puffer with black and white blotches of various sizes and shapes on their body. They are cool fish, but are no Arothron meleagris (blue and white phase.) Bo

cranium

The patter wasn't just splothes here and there they were like white and black swirls mixed together all over their bodies. They did have the same body as a dogface. If these are just dogface puffers why aren't they called that. Is there some other name or something. I mean a panda puffer isn't called a dog face with panda markings it is called a panda puffer. So isn't it called something else other than" dog face puffer with splothches". in other words are all puffers with the same type of body the same with just different patters or what?

grouperhead

All Arothron ssp. are essentially a dogfaced puffer. There are several color morphs of 'true' dogfaces. The blotched pattern is one of them. I've often seen this puffer referred to as a 'dalmation' puffer. My bet is it is a color morph of Arothron nigropunctatus. Bo

guppie

Cranium I will be going to aquatic today need to get water, I will find out what they are. I have seen the puffers you are talking about I think that they just use the name dalmation to make them stand out to the customer, just a slang name.