damsel and tomato

arod268

my damsel has been fighting with my tomato alot he doesnt let him swim around he always backs him into a corner and the tomato stays there anything i can do to make him less aggresive

damselz

if you have rocks, try rearranging the rocks in your tank. that should break up any territory claims the damsel may have. also keep in mind, most damsels are aggressive in nature so this might keep happening

gohabsgo

my yellowtail damsel was my first fish ,and th maroon came after! I had ich and did hypo ,after i put back the clown first ,2 week later i put the damsel back and now the clown is the boss.

arod268

Originally Posted by gohabsgo
my yellowtail damsel was my first fish ,and th maroon came after! I had ich and did hypo ,after i put back the clown first ,2 week later i put the damsel back and now the clown is the boss.
whats hypo? im kinda new to saltwater

digitydash

Originally Posted by arod268
whats hypo? im kinda new to saltwater
It is medicine for the fish to kill parisites

srfisher17

Originally Posted by digitydash
It is medicine for the fish to kill parisites
No; hypo is hyposalinity. The SG is lowered to a point that fish can tolerate and parasites cannot.
Regarding the damsel; aggressive damsels are probably the most common problem on this forum. If you can live without him, you'll save yourself a ton of headaches. If not, this little demon will dictate everything you decide to put in your tank.