Damsel eggs

saltfinsax

Ok they spawned this morning. I just bought two at Chrismas time so that family would have something to see in my old 55 before I changed to my 125. The last month the two have been courting and got a little cave picked out.
When I got up and turned the lights on the two went at it and started to take turn rubbing there bellys on the the top of the cave for about 15 min.
The bigger one is garding the cave well and seems to be kissing or packing the eggs tighter.
What is the time before they hatch or don't even mess with it being that they will just be fish food as soon as they hatch?

saltfinsax

Still trying but its not comming out clear as I am trying to take it looking diagnal through the glass to see down the cave.

saltfinsax

Well just found a wright up on damsel breeding and the poor guys will be tost.
Guess they hatch in 3 to 7 days and float away and are on there owen after that and just to small to live.

O well it was fun to watch them do there spawning thing anyways.

kaliman33

My 2 damsils are doing the exact same thing, i watch them rub on the cave and wont let anybody near it, the snail was on thier rock and they had a fit trying to back into him, the last thing i want is more damsils
how do you post a pic?

saltfinsax

Well got home from work and all the tiny eggs were gone. Guess they never got furtalized or something got to them, but that was they first try. The eggs only lasted about a day and a half.

mscarpena

For the price of damsel fish they are probably not even worth the attempt to raise them. It would cost you more that you would get for them. Pretty cool though.