damsel removal???????????????

ci11337

if your lucky (and fast) you can get him when he comes to the surface to feed. If not, the best way to catch them is to chase it to one end of the tank, move the rocks so you can isolate him using a window screen. Then, once trapped remove the rocks in the screened area. That way hes in a small space with nowhere to hide.

horsin1963

I used a large glass container, it is a ice tea container. I tied a heavy fishing line to it. put a feeding cube in it let the fish get adjusted to it being there and when it was inside of it I pulled it out fast using the fishing line. it might take a couple of tries but it worked.

brad pitt

I HAVE THE SAME PROMLEM. its been about 2 months ive been trying to catch my yellow clown goby, that small peace of crap keeps on hiding behind the live rcok

fireshrimp

works best with two people
whatever side of the tank the damsels live on is the side that you disassemble.
they will not be comfortable on the other side and your other tankmates will probably help push them back to their side.
i had to do this recently and it worked very well

but GL with the devilfish

I laughed when people told me to pull my damsels out of the tank. A week later one started nailing my sailfin. In my search for removal, I came across some crazy stuff. One guy fished it out using a flyfishing hook. Another guy made a mini harpoon and stabbed his (not recommended). I had to take all of the live rock out of my tank. Good luck with it though.

drewissett

Haha, this thread brought a huge smile to my face, along with some memories... I had a blue devil, I tried the bottle method but i still had to take out almost all of the LR in my tank to scoop him out. Even then it was a battle... Best of luck to you!

fats71

I thoguht about a baracuda but the wife said no.... It was a loaner from my LFS.
Anyway, I removed all my rock work tonight and removed two of the yellow jerks and left the blue yellow tail in the DT he neverr leaves from insidde the picana rock. If he acts up he will find himself as bait as well.