Damsel tearing up the sand

allterr

Is it normal for my blue damsel to stir up the sand? She just started doing this recently. I have a flat tipped wooden spoon that i use for various tank chores and have been noticing that the sand in the front of the tank had been looking like sand mountains. I then take my spoon and "flatten" them out. Then it seems like an hour later they are back again! Originally thought my water flow was too high, so I flattened them out again, and as I was adjusting the flow, here comes the damsel starting from the top of the tank, nose dives into the sand and with her fins, creates a cloud and i do mean cloud of sand...does this several times until I have a series of "sand mountains" against the front of the tank. Is this normal and why did she just start doing it? i have had her since Jan. and she just started this over the last couple of weeks. :thinking:

jimmy 4

Mine does the same thing to my crushed coral. It bites onto a rock and tail whips my crushed coral into mounds. Its is fun to watch but also make for a lot of work. It also tail whips anything that gets close to its shell/bunker. I think they call them blue devils for a reason.

reefchick15

I think it is completely normal
, my blue damsel does the same exact thing. Before i rearranged my rock he had a favorite place where he would creat a big hole in the sand. I'm eager to find out where his next hiding place is(he is still swimming like crazy in my tank enjoying the new landscape
)