Damsels

denniss

Does anyone have a smart way to catch unwanted damsels.I tried the plastic bottle trap but they just laughed at me.I have 4 that i used in cycling and want them out without taking all my live rock out.

bellanavis

Why don't you want them? I hear everyone talking about getting rid of their damsels, and I am wondering why?

cnlight

Well, sometimes people get damsels and don't look into what species they are getting. Some damsels are more aggressive as they get older. Since saltwater fish usually cost a considerable amount of money, having a damsel bully a prized fish to death is kind of dissapointing. Some damsels can exist in a communtiy setting, some can not, if they can not, then removing them is the only option because they were cheap. I think damsels are a great fish, as long as you find ones that are compatible with other fish. Its like that with any fish, just have to know what you are actually getting before you get it.

bellanavis

Thats so sad that people just get rid of them, I love my damsels, they swin together, and they are always doing something, they never picked on any other fish. Send them my way, I will take them.

cnlight

I also have a damsel in my tank, and he is great. Its a talbot's damsel, and they are one of the less aggressive damsels. I did my research, and my lfs got a few and I couldn't help myself. Damsels are a very pretty fish, but you just have to put them with others that can handle there bold personalities.

tiencvu

I also have an orange damsel, it gets along very well with other fish in the tank. It is such a peacefull and a pretty fish and a hardy too.....

armageddon

The way i caught my unwanted damsels(due to aggression), was remove my rock and just chase them with a net. My three stripes were so fast but with nowhere to hide they can only run for so long. Good Luck.

stargazer

i never could get mine out wated untill i up graded to a bigger tank now that they are gone i reely mis them they were very active but just would not let me add any other fish good luck

janelle

but ive heard too many stories of people not being able to add anything else.
I have three green chromis, which are damsels, but are not aggressive in the slightest. neat green color and schooling behaviour too.