Dead Goby

deon nyc

ok i left for work this morning and everyone was alive and fine. i walked in the door a few min ago and my goby is dead and myu urchent is loosing some of his quils. can anyanyone help me. i did a water change saturday and i added a powerhead at the same time. and the goby could not get into the powerhead. can an anemone kill him he was at the base of my hatian one.

joebob7

An anemone wouldn't have killed him. but, if the urching is looking bad too then it's probably something that was in the water. Anything different about your recent water change?

flower

Originally Posted by joebob7
http:///forum/post/3160796
An anemone wouldn't have killed him. but, if the urching is looking bad too then it's probably something that was in the water. Anything different about your recent water change?

The anemone will sting and kill a fish without eating it. However, I agree with joebob7...since the urchin is sick as well, something is amiss....do some water tests and go from there.

cherylann

I am sorry about your loss. I alway take it as a personal in the way I care for my fish and tank when I something dies without a obvious problem. All I can give you is that when I added a Koralla 2 to my 28 gal some of my corals like my birdsnest did not like it, my clam were not happy either and I am still slowly adjusting the two Koralla's I have. It so hard to recreate the marine environment, without some problems and set backs, hopefully they will be few and it's a learning process.