Dead Inverts?????

mxkris

This morning my two snails and feather duster were dead.
Only thing I did different was two days ago I bought some Kent Marine stuff like Ammonia Detox (I did a big water change) Essential Elements, and Pro*Buffer dKH. Everything should have been safe for the inverts and I didn't even put in the full dose for 29 gallons. Any idea what happened? My nitrate is up a little and nitrite is up a small amount too, which is NEVER up. Maybe I changed too much water? That was almost a week ago. Any ideas?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by mxkris
http:///forum/post/2452205
This morning my two snails and feather duster were dead.
Only thing I did different was two days ago I bought some Kent Marine stuff like Ammonia Detox (I did a big water change) Essential Elements, and Pro*Buffer dKH. Everything should have been safe for the inverts and I didn't even put in the full dose for 29 gallons. Any idea what happened? My nitrate is up a little and nitrite is up a small amount too, which is NEVER up. Maybe I changed too much water? That was almost a week ago. Any ideas?
Hm, well the increase in nitrites may have done it. My concern is the products that you are adding. Did you add those to water that is being mixed or did you just dump those into the tank?