Dead Sallylightfoot!!

boogie

One day he was missing a leg and a pincher, and seemed really weak, then the next day he was missing another leg. Then he died. The only thing I have that would do this to him would be an emerald crab. Does this sound likley? I thought emeralds aren't aggressive. I want to get a mandarian gobi, but will the emerald mess with him? Would it be a bad idea to put another sally-lightfoot in with the gobi? Does anyone else have these guys living together?

eelman

I have a sally lightfoot and my snowflake eel has eaten off 6 of his legs, he has 1 on 1 side and 2 on the other. I got an emrald crab yesterday and he is my second favorite animal, my favorite is my lawnmower blenny hehe
I don't think that the emrald crab would eat his legs, I got mine to eat the bubble alage on my live rock.
ta ta
-eelman

krazzydart

what else do you have in the tank????? could have picked up a mantis shrimp or pistol shrimp with your rock???? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![

jtirone

So far I have had no troubles with any of my tankmates. The Sallys and the emeralds have been getting along just fine. There have been a couple times where they have been eating together. Generally the Sallys stay at the bottom of the tank. The emeralds spend most of their time on the live rock.

trigga

I had 2 Emeralds and 2 Lightfoots. One day the bigger Emerald had a hole on the top of his shell (nice size one at that). And a lightfoot was missing two legs. Both molted and regrew to original form. 2 weeks later the same Emerald was missing both front claws, that was a month ago and I have not seen him since.