debating this issue.

yellowtail

i am debating whether or not to get a quarentine for coral for new additions.what would be reccomended as far as qt?do people even qt coral?would a good dip work ok?
is this scenario possible,why or why not?
a coral colony/frag is shipped and is healthy.when the person recieves it it has fungus on it slowly eating the polyps/killing them.

golfish

Originally posted by YellowTail
i am debating whether or not to get a quarentine for coral for new additions.what would be reccomended as far as qt?do people even qt coral?would a good dip work ok?
is this scenario possible,why or why not?
a coral colony/frag is shipped and is healthy.when the person recieves it it has fungus on it slowly eating the polyps/killing them.

Sure, you can set up a QT tank for new corals if you want...
FWIW, I just use a dip, or two.

yellowtail

what dips do ya reccomend golfish:D ?
also should you dip at sign of disease or, to prevent disease RIGHT beofre being placed in a display that you got from a provider?.

golfish

what dips do ya reccomend golfish:D ?
also should you dip at sign of disease or, to prevent disease RIGHT beofre being placed in a display that you got from a provider?.

I use Kents Tech D and if I susepect flat worms I use EXIT...But it depends on a lot of things. If I were getting corals shipped I'd use both, if I get em from friends then I may not use any.

yellowtail

should you dip at sign of disease or after being in the diaplay or to prevent disease RIGHT before being placed in a display directly from the shipping bag?