decisions, decisions

ste6168

ok, my parents used to have a 10 gal freshwater tank but got rid of it when I was about 3 years old, I am now 19 and for the past few months i have been going to pet stores and looking at online websites about fish and have made my decision that i am going to get saltwater tank. Even after reading alot of posts on here and other stuff about what you need i am still really confused and would like to get your views on some different products. First which do you think i should go with a 55 or 75 gallon all-glass tank? what are the differences in each. i would like to get some kind of lionfish, probably a volitan lionfish and i know they can get pretty big, would it do good in a 55? Also i was wondering can i put a lionfish in with other types of fish without worrying about him eating them? What about small sharks, can they go with lionfish and arowhead crabs too? Also i would love to have a yellow tang, they are beautiful. lol i know this is alot of questions, but I am very new to this. Also which kind of filter should i go with, canister or hang on tank filter? what brand? Also what ratio of live rock to gallons of water should i use? Thanks for the help in advance. And anything else you think would help me get started would be much appreciated. My aim name is mikestein124 if anyone would one to tell me anything they think i should know. Thanks again.

thangbom

hi hi...
... get the 75 gal.. bigger is almost always better.. (more water vowlum = more stable) yes u can get a lion if u have a 75.. if u get a lion.. most likely your tank will be a agressive tank.. so just about any aggressive fish can live with another agressive fish.. the only problem is if that agressive fish can live in your sizr tank... (i suggest reading the fish info from this site.. it gives u decent info on fish and there requiement.. 'look at the buy section.. then click on fish.. it should have info somewhere.'' ) as for a filter.. i say get a fuge/sump.... you cant go wrong with it..(well just about)..( and you can make your own via a few baffles,silicone and a old fish tank )..