Demsals?

jpardi

I have been thinking about getting rid of my demsals from my 29 gal. so I can get a couple of clowns, but some people say they wont mess with them, then people say that they will kill anything I put into the tank. What should I do? My desmals seem to be not to aggressive, I have heard stories that when people clean their tanks they attack their hand, mine all hide in the rocks. I would hate to have my demsals kill a clown or two if I put them in.
Please help me........ :help:
Thanks

bigjuan

I have four damsels in my 30gallon tank with a clown and they swim along together. they don't harm each other. I have the 2 striped dams (Zebra looking) and 2 Yellow ones. They live in harmony.

rbaldino

It's unlikley that the damsels will kill a clown, especially if they're roughly the same size, though it all depends on the type of damsels and clowns. I've kept damsels and clowns together for years, if that helps any. Remember, too, that damsels and clowns are closely related.
BTW - My tomato clown attacks me when I clean the tank. My four-stripe damsel never did that.

gharner

haha, my false perc started doing that to me whenever i clean the tank! they're viciouse little guys (like sharks)

never had damsels though

crt81

I have in my tank a yellowtail damsel, a midas blenny, and one clown and everyone gets along rather well. The only thing I have to say about my yellowtail is that when my fire shrimp goes by his hole he likes, my damsel will hit him with his tail. If you are considering any damsel I would go with the yellowtail- they are the least aggressive and look beautiful in the tank. And also, you can get any fish that my turn out to be aggressive not just damsels!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by JPardi
I have a blue one, yellow, and a 3 stripe. Its a 29 gal. with 30 lbs. of LR
A 29 is small and the three stripe are one of the most aggressive damsels. You will have to shave down the amount of damsels you have. Pick one to stay. He will still defend his territory.