detrivore kits

overanalyzer

Originally posted by iluvfish
My shipment from this place is to arrive tomorrow. I do not have a fuge and am wondering if you think it will be okay to add to my main display? Will everything live in the main display?

As long as you have a decent substrate (preferably sand) then what you put in should do well. If you are running a bare bottom tank then after the acclimation try to get most of the stuff on to your rocks so they can hide and within the rocks

jtkld75

just out of curiosity NM, why does it violate policy to direct others or steer others away from sites ? It seems that this is the whole purpose of a message board like this.(besides the advertising fees, is this the only reason why other sites or even references to them may not be posted? Just curious.
thanks

saltyrich

I've done all three kits from various vendors and have had great success with all three, particularly the one in the Pacific ocean!

E

essop3

I just got one from an auction site. It was a better deal than the sites Ive seen mentioned here. Expensive still... $127. It contained 6 diffrent macros (1/4 cup of each) about 25 snails (nassarius & cerith mostly) 2# live sand, 2# of live shells/rubble (you could see all kinds of stuff in both of them) Pods are starting to pop up, a bunch of worms, and a few of the minature stars. good guy to deal with too.

midasblenn

Is there a specific creature that you "dont want" in your DSB in a reef tank?
I know flatworms are bad but what else out there is bad for corals, clams, anemones, etc?

NM did you ever follow thru with your plans??
I'm working over the idea if I want to do this myself or not and have a question about acclimation. I have a FOWLR and don't want to get one of these kits just to have instant, expensive fish food. Does keeping the lights off for 24 hrs really help in the survival of all the little inverts. I have a bunch of crabs and snails also along with the 4 fish and have'nt another place to keep them.