Devils hand

jlm

Ihave had this devils hand for a good month and at first it was open and pretty for a coulpe of weeks. Then it pulled in as it started to shed. It is now all bright yellow and pretty but not as open as it once was. Is this normal or should I move it or something? pic. when I first got it.

jlm

a thought. can these stretch for light like other corals? Is it possible that it is shorter and fatter because it doesn't need to stretch for the light? The other tank it was in didn't have as strong a lighting as mine.

nm reef

Looks like a clown goby likes to rest in it...that alone may be reason enough for it to close up some. Plus...they can often react poorly...maybe suffer a bit of stress related issues...when moved from one system to another. It still looks healthy so it may just be reacting to the presence of the fish.

jlm

yes, actually the clown gobie does perch there often. He has cut back alittle now that he goes to the other leathers too.
Thanks I'll just keep an eye on it. It still looks very pretty. I just wanted to make sure I take the best care I can.