DIATOM question

boadyboom

How bad are Diatoms?-- i started with a 20g tank for bout a month it has 20lbs livesand and 10 lbs of bulk sand-- i did the wrong thing using tap water and some of those chemicals to supposedly pull all the bad stuff out but anyways it has 15lbs LR and 2 damsels a 1 turbo=== lots of diatoms till i added the turbo=== guess my question is i bought another set up 36g bowfront with 20lbs LS and 40lbs bulk sand 40lbs LR clarkii clown and condi anemone-- hermits, turbos, and some other snails for cleanup crew--- back to my question

[hr]
is it bad to add some of that sand from the tank with diatoms? my new tank is all r/o water.

[hr]
would those 2 damsels be bad to put in my display tank-- yellow tail and a black/white strip one-- i plan on adding some more coral and maybe royal gramma, bi color blennie, blue reef chromies or canary fang blenny

bdhough

i would ditch the black and white strip they get mean. moving the other one is not a problem. as for diatoms youre going to get them no matter what you do so move away.

boadyboom

hey thanks=====for that info-- kinda weird the striped one always hides real scared like but the yellow tail is always swimming around... they yeloow tails dont get too agressive?

bdhough

really.... hmm ive heard nothing but bad stories about them. they get rather large and aggressive eventually. you probably wont see that until you add a new fish after hes established in your tank.