Did I get ripped off?

corally

Originally Posted by ohiorn67
This place has fantastic customer service, I had an issue once with an item I purchased and they could not take care of me fast enough.....I would definitely work with them again if I were you. These things happen.

If you're talking about the Drs. having fantastic customer service, they sure didn't extend it to me! I wasn't happy with them at all.

jmick

I hope the 22lbs they are sending is of better quality then the junk they sent you the first time. I never buy any rock/live stock unless I see it first, I'll happily pay a premium for a good product.

eyebedam

I hope they sent you some super duper premium rock cause Illmake you some with the leftover quickcrete I got. It would look better than what they sent you. I can understand your disgust.

drizcol

belive it or not but the live rock I got in this shipment, although crappy its far better then what the LFS have around here. This stuff has far more growth then anything I have seen here. Not to mention its 10.99 per pound.

pondy

SO i do have to admit, I bought my rock from there and I felt like I was ripped off as well. It didnt look quite as bad as the rock above from this site but it looked bad. I will not buy from there again. Pondy

X

xoxox

Originally Posted by Speg
I believe you got your fiji from the same place that I did... and mine was the same thing.. horrible.. luckily for me though I didnt get all that rubble you got. There wasnt a drop of coralline on any of the rocks I received.. and when I called and complained the guy was like 'yeah thats natural die off.. if you have other rock in your tank with coralline then they'll seed those rocks'
. I was like 'Listen, I bought this rock cause it ALREADY had coralline on it or so I thought.. why should I have to have rock to re-seed it? You gave me crappy rock'. Though even when I complained they didnt do anything about it.
I wouldnt order a thing from them again.. and if I was you i'd let them know that you dont plan on it.
..... :notsure: .......
Then why buy their rock at all? You could buy dry rock for a whole lot less and do the same thing ??? That guys

nytrillium

just to throw this out, but ive ordered from intmarinefish and they were great. Gary was really helpful and i got exactly what i asked for. Pieces were big and had quite a bit of corralinne on them. I am about to buy some LR rubble for my fuge from him for $2.50/lb shipped overnight. Hope your deal with the Dr.s turns out alright.

lion_crazz

wow that is terrible what they originally sent you but at least they are working with you. I am anxious to see how the new box looks.

uberlink

Originally Posted by DRIZCOL
I ordered some Select Fiji Premium Live Rockfrom a reputable livestock website. I bought a 45lbs box. It says in the discription that the peices are 6" to 14" in size and they have 80-90% colraling coverage. Once it arived I was shocked to see that 1/3 of the box was live rock rubble. and the other 2/3 were large peices. Im not an expert but it looks to me like there is about 10-20% coraline coverage. I paid more for this because of the discription of size and coraline coverage. Is there any thing that I can do?
here are some pictures

That is sorry looking stuff. You might consider taking it up with your credit card company. You'd be surprised how often they will go to bat for you (you're their client, after all). Many offer 'guarantees' on any product you purchase with the card (including electronics...it's actually pretty amazing if you ever look into it). But you might call and explain the situation and see if they'll credit you back some portion of the purchase price. If you're doing to do that, though, do so right away.
Good luck!

drizcol

Originally Posted by uberlink
That is sorry looking stuff. You might consider taking it up with your credit card company. You'd be surprised how often they will go to bat for you (you're their client, after all). Many offer 'guarantees' on any product you purchase with the card (including electronics...it's actually pretty amazing if you ever look into it). But you might call and explain the situation and see if they'll credit you back some portion of the purchase price. If you're doing to do that, though, do so right away.
Good luck!
as I stated above, they are taking care of me by sending me a new shipment of rock. they are sending me one half order of what I originally ordered. as long as its good rock with plenty of coverage and good sizes. I will be more then satisfied with this transaction.

evanwv19

Last week I got a 45lb box of premium select fiji live rock from the doctors....They were really nice pieces of rock...but I excepted much much much more algal coverage...there was almost none....that and the rock was really really dirty. I scrubbed the rock alot and it's still pretty dirty.... (earlier this week I dropped in some blue legs and they're doing a terrific job of cleaning it up.) In the box were all sizes of rock 1 huge peice, a few medium sized, some small...but there was a good bit of rubble...the box was packed full however. Also, as far as customer service goes, I've had to deal with them a couple times and they've done very well and been very helpful to me
Just wanted to share some of my experiance :happyfish

drizcol

I know some of you were interested to see the Rock that the doctors sent me, so here it is.
*recap* I was disatisfied with the first shipment I got because it had a lot of rubble and not much algea coverage.
Im pleased to say I got the new half shipment and the stuff they sent me was much better, there were a couple of large rocks and a few smaller ones. I could tell that one of the lager ones broke durring shipping, but that is expected to happen. anyway here is a pic of the new rock they sent after its been scrubed really well.

dejaco

Hey it happened to me from a vendor I use. I called and asked for customer service and was asked to email a pic which I did. They reshippd at no charge and the pieces were premo! The rubble I placed in a 29 gallon and am planning on using it to frag with! Contact them and be polite. Vendors can't afford really mad clients these days becuase they know we all talk on sites like this! Hope you feel better knowing it's happened to others. It just sucks when you anticipate delivery and take time set aside when you planned on aquascaping and then couldn't do what you wanted. Hang in there.

sharkbait9

has anyone heard of tbsalwater.xxx my friend order from them and that LR is awesome i wanna order some from them. I’m real jealous of that LR my friend just got. They even break the packaging down into two shipments. One package to cycle the tank first and then send the rest and my god what piece’s he got put s the LR I get to shame, truly LIVE ROCK.

edwar050

the tampa rock is really nice. It comes with alot of stuff which is good and bad. There are alot of bad hitchickers in every load just about. There is also alot of die off on some of the harder to keep sponges. Other than that the stuff rocks due to ease of shipment via location and impact on the environment.

dreamreef

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
I have to see rock before I buy it. Nothing against online vendoring at all... but live rock is the very foundation of your tank.
Ya me too. Especially when it can look extremely different depending on size and how you set it up. This isn't the 1st time I've heard about an unhappy online purchase regarding live rock. Any online reputable dealer should work with you, though. I enjoy picking my rock in person, because it can be just as visually stimulating as the inhabitants in your tank!! To me it is worth the extra $$$, and I only buy rock when I see that piece I've just GOTTA have...lol. I'm happy to hear that they are trying to remedy the problem.

tennisace

Originally Posted by fisherson
I bought about 50lbs off the major auction site and was very happy with what i got and it was only 2.10 a pound. i had to do some scrubbing but the peices were nice and i made a really nice setup with caves and everything.
Must be a hit or miss....
Where did u buy from plz tell me (I an't paying $8 a pound at my any of my LFS, no sir ree). PLZ PLZ PLZ email me at snkbite@yahoo.com. (and to think I was about to order from that website :scared: :scared: )