Did I get ripped off?

• Thread starter childress5tyler
  • Start date
C

childress5tyler

I just traded 3 heads of purple people eaters for 3 heads of rainbow paly's...of course this is to a good friend and i wouldn't think anything of it and do the trade anyway but who got the better deal?

S

saxman

I dunno what the market prices are now, but I've seen rainbow Paly's going for quite a bit more than PPE's. HOWEVER, that's not the way to look at it. You BOTH got what you wanted, helped each other out, AND if your or his/her tanx ever crashes (Poseidon forbid!), I'm sure you can get a frag to restart your colony from each other.

flower

A little advice....money is only as good as what you can spend it on. If you got what you want, and the trader got what he wanted, it was a fair deal. My late husband was bad for making trades and spending money then bumming about it for a week thinking he got the short end of the stick. The time to concern yourself with if it's worth it or not is BEFORE you make that deal or put your cash into it.
Just enjoy what you have...you will live longer.

S

saxman

FWIW, Renee and I have actually disassociated ourselves with a local club because all the members wanted to do is make a buck off of each other. They lost the whole meaning of what (to us) the hobby is all about...folks exchanging ideas, and helping each other, keeping it fun.

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman http:///t/388917/did-i-get-ripped-off#post_3433624
FWIW, Renee and I have actually disassociated ourselves with a local club because all the members wanted to do is make a buck off of each other. They lost the whole meaning of what (to us) the hobby is all about...folks exchanging ideas, and helping each other, keeping it fun.
Agreed. Some of my first coral frags were given to me from a fellow hobbyist. I don't know if I would have gotten into corals and jumped off the deep end unless I was given a few to start with.
I try to help out people when I can. I don't have any corals that I have grown out yet, but I do give them away to local hobbyists when I can.