Did you see Sharkwater?

sac10918

I rented this amazing movie from netflix and I had to comment on it. As marine aquarists, we should all be concerned about the health and longevity of the oceans. This film is a documentary made by a young biologist who uncovers the truth about the shark finining industry. If you havent seen it, its out on DVD and you can get it from Netflix or blockbuster....
I cant recommend it enough! Please take action to protect the oceans!
Check out the website for more info: http://www.sharkwater.com/
Post here if you have seen this film! What did you think?

nissan577

I havent seen it man. but looking at the tailers! why are people doing this to the sharks! like they said. nature made them for a reason not for us to kill them! everytime i go snorkeling or scubadiving here by the keys, and i see shark they are the most amazing thing in life! they dont even show like if they wanna harm us! they are a beautiful creature!

mboswell1982

the sharkfinning industry is bad, but has anyone watched whale wars on animal planet? some people may consider those guys terrorists or criminals, but to my mind, those guys are HEROES for doing what no one else int he world ill do, an that is to whatever it takes to stop the japanese whaling industry

m0nk

I'll be watching it shortly.... I'm fascinated by sharks and partly wanted to become a marine biologist to study them. Thanks for mentioning it, and I'll be sure to post after I've watched it.

matt boyer

yeah im going to watch it . i do love fishing and shark fishing awesome but i never killed one . The sick park is finning they waste a whole shark and let it to drown on the ocean floor its crazy

makoshrk2

What a waste of an animal. I love fishing but only take what I will eat. There's that old saying from Ghandi " You can tell the greatness of a nation by the way they treat there animls"

txfishman

that is cruel. Why would you kill an animal just for its hands? Thats like someone cutting out lims off and throwing us to the wolves. I like to shark fish and i can see how people can confuse them with a maneater but they are gorgous creatures.

scrombus2

Shark finning. Modern day whaling. The depletion of tuna stocks worldwide. What do these three things have in common? The Japanese seafood industry. Japan's appetite for seafood is overwhelming the WORLD"S supply. The Alaskan pollock fishery exists to supply Japan with pollock roe and surimi. The fillets from these fish are a byproduct sold throughout the rest of the world. There will be no mercy for the world's oceans until the Japanese learn some restraint. They have fished out their waters. You wanna save the whales and sharks? Figure out how to stop the demand for them in Japan.