difference in acans?

rlablan

I bought some acans a while ago now. They are puffy, fleshy, and almost squishy... They bounce nicely in the current and I love how they swell through out the day.
The look of these corals has quickly made them my favorites in my office tank.
I went to the LFS recently in search of more of these kinda of acans. I bought 2 but they seem to be different. They are hard, and seem to have skeletons... they don't swell like the other acans, and they just aren't as puffy looking. The colors are great, but they just aren't the same.
So my ? is... are there different types of acans? And what are the fleshy ones that I like called?
Thanks,
Rae
(pics will follow shortly)

rlablan

Attachment 241195Attachment 241196Attachment 241197Attachment 241198Attachment 241199
the green ones are the ones that I like. I wish I hadnt bought the bowerbankis... they just look like rocks....
Another question about the differences.
See how the green ones are all growing separate? Will the purple and the red bowerbanki types grow out and be separate like that? Does anyone have a colony and can post a pic of what they look like when the grow out?
Thanks for the answers so far moewzer and Henry. I really appreciate it.

rlablan

lol I am not sure that I would be so excited if joe was sending me pictures of "the hard ones".