Digital ph tester

ajroc31

I am looking to buy a ph tester, and I am not sure if the inexpensive ones on ---- are good enough to risk the wel being of my tank. I am just so sick of buying the test kits. Please let me know if you have an opinion on it, and what should I do?

faqbch99

I found the reading to be accurate but you have to keep an eye on it because the probes need to be calibrated often and then need to be replaced after a year or so. the probe is about 1/2 the total cost of the unit.

ginnboy

I have one it works good ,but I alway check about once or twice a month with a test kit to be safe.

metweezer

PH is pretty basic to test for. Having corals in your tank you could go broke fast buying digital monitors for all the things that you need to keep an eye on.

natclanwy

I have a hanna ph tester and it has been accurate and easy to use. The probes do need to be replaced periodacly but I have had mine for about 3 years and it still reads correctly with the original probe. I think the replacement time depends on how often they are used. I think I only paid about $80 for mine.

spiderwoman

I run a ph probe with AquaController Jr in our 75g tank and installing a AquaController 3 for the 150g tank. Nothing beats an electronic reading if your probes are calibrated correctly.

natclanwy

I just installed the Reef Keeper Elite on my system
so I will be retiring the Hanna and I definitely like being able to look at a graph showing continuous PH and temp readings so I can monitor the shifts from day to night.

ajroc31

Thanks for all your posts, but looking at the prices of some of those testers, I think I will have to stick to manual tests, costs of my tank are starting to run pretty high, and my wife is losing patience with me.

metweezer

Ah the curse of the impatient wife. My wife is not really into my reef either. She likes the look of the tank but she doesn't realize the upkeep necessary to keep it that way. I envy the people out there who have a mate that is into the hobby as much as they are.