Disappearing Fish Act

demosthenes

Okay, two days ago I picked up a pair of Firefish to add to my 75G tank. The tank has approx. 100 lbs LR and a 5-6" DSB of LS. It has been up and running for about 4-5 months this time around, and I have it stocked right now with a pair of True Percs and a Kole Tang, as well as a Leather Coral, an LTA, and Pulsing Xenia, not to mention a few Turbo and Astrea Snails. Anyway, the first night that I introduced the Firefish I was looking around the tank trying to decide whether or not to relocate the Leather, and I remember seeing both of the Firefish at one minute, and I looked back again and there was only one of them swimming around. Then, as I looked for the other one, I noticed the one who was drifting around had disappeared as well. I later found the one swimming out of a small burrow under/within some LR, and then returning to the open space in the front of the tank. By the next morning however, both of them have yet to come back out, and I'm still not sure where the first one to disappear even is. Needless to say, if anyone has any advice on how to get them to come out for awhile so I can even pinpoint their burrow it would be appreciated. Also, on a side note, I know that the following reasons cannot explain their extended absence: 1. They didn't get crushed by burrowing under the LR because it was secured before the sand was even put down. 2. There is NO mantis shrimp in my tank. 3. Finally, the tank has no opening over the top that the Firefish could have escaped out of. So, if anyone has any guess as to why they have not shown up for a few days any advice would be helpful. Thanks, Demo

oozy

firefish can be very shy when first introduced... they need to have a hole to sleep in, some times it takes a while before they move in, and get to know all the paths home, as they tend to dart into the hole when spooked...
-oozy-