Disneyland help from the vetrans?

mie

Thinking about driving (motorhome) to disneyland this march and buying the 4-day park hopper. Any advice or tips? 3 kids and the wife and me.

jackri

Thought you meant Disneyland for the Veterans (miliitary veterans) not those who have been there. I think disneyland is offering 1/2 price tickets right now to military veterans... although it probably doesn't help you any.

demartini

I'm going around that time too!! I LOVE disneyland
in the morning go straight to space mountain to get a fastpass and then ride indiana jones and splash mountain! those lines fill up so fast! lol
Make sure to make a reservation at blue bayou... it's the restaurant inside pirates of the Caribbean!

bionicarm

Originally Posted by mie
http:///forum/post/2909401
Thinking about driving (motorhome) to disneyland this march and buying the 4-day park hopper. Any advice or tips? 3 kids and the wife and me.
I assume you're going to Disney World in Florida, not Disneyland in California? Do you need Park Hopper passes at the Disneyland parks? I know they have two parks there now, but I thought the one ticket could get you into both.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/2909468
I assume you're going to Disney World in Florida, not Disneyland in California? Do you need Park Hopper passes at the Disneyland parks? I know they have two parks there now, but I thought the one ticket could get you into both.
you do, but don't bother with the second park, it sucks, and we really wished we'd gone back to disney land's original park. When we went.
BTW that half off isn't that much they just doubled their prices. Not literally but it seems like it.

sigmachris

If your kids are older and enjoy real roller coasters, check out 6 Flags Magic Mountain too.
The Long Beach Aquarium is good but not great. Universal Studios is not all that great.
If your kids are younger, Knots Berry Farm is a fun Disneyland type park and worth a day there.

mie

Originally Posted by DeMartini
http:///forum/post/2909419
I'm going around that time too!! I LOVE disneyland
in the morning go straight to space mountain to get a fastpass and then ride indiana jones and splash mountain! those lines fill up so fast! lol
Make sure to make a reservation at blue bayou... it's the restaurant inside pirates of the Caribbean!
Cool, thanks lauren. I am still trying to understand this fastpass concept can you elaborate a litttle? How are the prices in the blue bayou?
Any more tips? And it is california disneyland.

sigmachris

Fast pass is this...not all the rides offer it, but most of the popular ones do.
You take your tix to the front of the ride (separate line from those waiting to ride the ride). They will scan your park tix and give you paper ticket for a cut in line / fast pass.
So say its 10.00am and you get a fast pass ticket Thunder Mountain. The fast pass says you can come back between 11.30 and 12.30pm to ride Thunder Mountain.
Here is the kicker, the fast pass never really expires so you can ride it anytime that day after 11.30am.
The other kicker is you can't get another fast pass for another ride until 11.30am arrives. They are trying to only allow you one fast pass at a time.

demartini

here's some info on blue bayou. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ayouDiningPage
The lines in fantasy land take forever, so use your one early entry to go on the little kid rides. You can also ride The Matterhorn at that time and I think Finding Nemo... ride finding nemo right away before the line gets long! The line for finding nemo takes FOREVER!
the lines for Pirates and haunted mansion fill up fast, but you never really have to wait long.
Fantasmic is such a good show!!! watch it!
if you see any really busy lines look to see if they have fastpasses because if you work it right you'll beat all the lines.... Disney sucks when you spend all day waiting in long lines lol
When you go to California Adventure get a fast pass for soarin' over California right away because they get busy and the fastpasses run out fast for that ride. none of the other lines are really long except for Grizzly Rapids, so be sure to get a fastpass for that ride too.
if you have any little girls then you can take them to Arials Grotto to meet the princesses! The food there is good and the price isn't bad.
Hope this helps a little lol

mie

Great advice, thanks. From your experience is march a better time to go? Will there be a significant decrease in people therefore shorter lines?

stdreb27

Originally Posted by mie
http:///forum/post/2909746
Great advice, thanks. From your experience is march a better time to go? Will there be a significant decrease in people therefore shorter lines?
Now probably is a great time. Just do it before summer, and after spring break

brianbeme80

DON'T GO NEAR A 3-DAY WEEKEND!!! OMG, last time I went, it was terrible! I ended up fighting with my X the whole time and people kept cutting in line. She didn't want to use fast pass...lol. He son had a great time though and the Buzz Lightyear ride is VERY sweet! Pirates is cool since they re-did it. We didn't do California Adventure because her son was to small for most of the rides there.

demartini

Originally Posted by mie
I've never gone in March, but I doubt it will be really busy bc all the kids are in school. The best time I had ever gone was in mid November! The weather was perfect and there weren't a lot of people... plus that's when they put up the pretty Christmas decorations!

scotts

How old are your kids? Personally I think 4 days in those two parks would be a bit much. 3 days maybe would be good.
March would be a good time. As long as you go during the week. Much less crowded. One thing now is that Mickey and Minnie are always in their houses in Toy Town. So your kids can be sure of getting a picture taken with them. You will see the other characters walking around.
If your kids are between 4 and 10 they will enjoy LegoLand which is about an hour away in Carlsbad. They have a ride where they get to drive their own little car on a track, the kids LOVE it.
You know thinking about it I am going to Disneyland in two weeks on my daughters birthday. If you sign up at Disney dot com you can get free admittance on your birthday.

sigmachris

Originally Posted by mie
March will be better than summer. How do your kids have time off from school, is it spring break yet? If so, there may be a slight bump up in attendance but still a lot better than July / August.

mie

Kids are 9, 14, 17. We are goin the last two weeks of march during the week.
Don't really care about attendance at school, my kids are all honor roll kids, they have missed school before with no issues.

sigmachris

Originally Posted by mie
http:///forum/post/2910126
Kids are 9, 14, 17. We are goin the last two weeks of march during the week.
Don't really care about attendance at school, my kids are all honor roll kids, they have missed school before with no issues.
I didn't mean to question why were you pulling the kids from school. I was inquiring to see if it was spring break yet for schools. Now a days it seems schools and colleges scatter their spring breaks from early March to Mid April.
Another thing to do is verify the hours and what is operating at D-land on the days you have in question. Yes you may have fewer people by going on a Tuesday and Wednesday but D-land may not be operating all their rides on a low attendance day.
Also Downtown Disney is a lot of fun for family and a possible date night with your wife. I don't know if you have a car (towed or rental) but you can also be at Huntington Beach in 20 minutes. They have 2 nice reasonable priced restaurants at the base of the pier. Across the street is a bunch of typical surf shops and tourist stores. If you are bringing a dog with you there is a great dog beach in Huntington too. It is north of the pier about a mile up Pacific Coast Highway.