Distilled or Drinking for newbies...

rabbit

I've seen some posts on here stating, to go out and get distilled water from Walmart to top off your tank when some water evaporates. I would say that you could use the drinking water at walmart also. Because if you look at the label on the water, you will see that the drinking water is RO water. Distilled is just carbonized. So either or will work for top off water.

evanish

Don't use the drinking or distilled water from wal-mart. Get a ro/di unit. That would be the best thing that you could do and would save you money over time.

N

nereef

Originally Posted by rabbit
I've seen some posts on here stating, to go out and get distilled water from Walmart to top off your tank when some water evaporates. I would say that you could use the drinking water at walmart also. Because if you look at the label on the water, you will see that the drinking water is RO water. Distilled is just carbonized. So either or will work for top off water.
yep, culligan water from walmart is RO. it would be cheaper in the long run to get your own RO unit, unless you have a very small tank. also, you don't know for sure if the walmart maintains its machines like it should. i would rather keep track of that myself.