DIY Moon light and fans w/ a twist!

vtecbro007

I dont know if this has ever been thought of or anything but i was thinking in the shower and this hit me...ive noticed that on ---- fans for canopys are any where from 15 to 30 dollars if im not mistaken so my solution to that,...im sure most people have a computer just sitting in the garage thats too slow for use but we can open it up and take the power supply out hook it up to our canopy and run several pc fans for fraction of the cost. pc fans = $2-4. now instead of useing regular fans on top hook up the new fans with LEDs get the all blue one and your set.

slock

You will have to jump the pc power supply somehow to get it to activate and supply power, they are wired so that a motherboard connection activates them.

vtecbro007

are you sure that applies to all power supplies because i juss unhooked my mother board connection and the fans n lights turned on

dmc888

From the pic it looks like a 2 wire setup.
Also the leds look like they are pointed inwards,so it wouldn't be that effective.

pyro

I like the idea, let us know how it works. See if there is anbody else with comments.

gmusick

Slock said:
You will have to jump the pc power supply somehow to get it to activate and supply power, they are wired so that a motherboard connection activates them.
That is true, but there are cheap power supply testers that cost around $10, that close that loop and allow the power supply to activate and run.

stewie

you can also activate an atx power supply by taking a paper clip and inserting it into the molex connector by jumping a black line and a green line. As soon as the two are jumped, bingo.. you have power. :happy:

bigtyguyy

that looks sweet !!!!!!!! awesome idea boss. Its soo true about the computers in the garage hahhahaha I have one LOL LOL