DIY question

firefish3

is is cheaper to by a tank or make your own? also I want to make a specialized tank for 3 stingrays and three horseshoe crab I am thineking 200+ gallons with a tank height of 2 feet and 3 inches of live sand. The reson it is so short is too make a bigger base for more surface area for these bottom dwelling creatures Do you think this would work? How expensive? Hwere to buy products to consruct tank.

D

dandt40

i was wondering the same thing earlier today, and i did some searching around and found this place (a few people on this board got tanks from here) www.glasscages.com. It seems pretty cheap to me for larger tanks and they do custom sizes. if you could post a place that sells the materials for cheaper, if you find one, that would be great!

firefish3

Thanks for the site though Irarely have success when looking for cheap stuff so thanks I will try. Though I though you werent allowed to post web sites on your posts. ??????? I am adding you to my buddylist because your a begginer and I am a begginer and you live like only six hours from me. Could you tell me about your tank because I know a lot about the fish (Ilove marine biology) but like nothing about the tanks. Thanks

squidd

When I was looking into "building" a 340 gal tank, The company mentioned above gave me a price that was only $50 more than the materials would have cost me at the local Glass Shop...
If you can arrange to pick your tank up at a local "show" it's like free delivery...